West Greene High School is committed to creating an atmosphere of mutual trust and respect in a supportive community of empowered learners. Every student will be inspired to learn, grow, and accomplish academic, social, and vocational goals guided by quality teaching and relevant experiences.
About The School
The vision of West Greene High School and its support network is to create an environment where students become responsible, productive, contributing members of society.
- All students have the ability to learn and achieve given the appropriate opportunities for success.
- A safe and physically comfortable environment promotes student learning.
- Schools need to function as a learning organization and promote opportunities for all who have a stake in the success of the school to work together as a community of learners.
- Students’ learning needs should be the primary focus of all decisions impacting the work of the school.
- A variety of instructional methods and assessments are used to enable all students to reach their highest level of intellectual, social, and emotional development.
- Assessments of student learning should provide students with a variety of opportunities to demonstrate their achievement of the expectations of their learning.
- Student welfare is the driving force behind all policy-making decisions. The effectiveness of school policies is constantly reviewed by feedback from all stakeholders in a variety of forums throughout the school year.