The purpose of the West Greene High School Library is to provide resources to support and enhance the effective retrieval and use of materials by the students and to meet the requirements of the curriculum standards. The library is a friendly place to facilitate independent learning, research, and study skills.
Students must have a pass dated, with the time, and signed by the classroom teacher in order to come to the library.
· Students coming to the library are expected to use the media center constructively.
· All students, except those accompanied by a teacher, should sign in at the desk and remain in the media center until he end of the period. If the teacher wants the student to return to class before the end of the period, the student should have a note to that effect.
· Books (except reference) are loaned for two weeks.
· Reference books, vertical files, and back issues of magazines may be checked out for three days. The most recent issues of magazines will stay in the library.
· Students who have overdue books will be fined ten cents per school day. A charge will be made for lost or damaged books. A $1.00 fine per school day is charged for a late video.
· No food or drink will be allowed in the library.
A list of students who have overdue materials will be sent to the first period teachers.